First of all, this is a test to see if this really works. As you can see, I've just started my first web log and hope to add to it as time goes on. I just turned 30 and work in Silicon Valley for a tech company doing non-techy stuff. I graduated from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo a few years ago and went straight to work. I live in the lower peninsula in an apartment with my girlfriend and day dream of owning a house someday.

Eventually I'd like this blog to function in similar fashion with what is going on in My Money Blog. Go check out that blog if you haven't already. My Money Blog is a very informative blog which discusses a real person's financial goals and the steps being taken to reach them. I'm not even close to where he's at yet, since I've just started saving. In a few days I'll post some numbers for the world to shoot at. I am not a financial planner and do not pretend to be one. Any advice you receive here is from my own personal experience. Please don't blame me if your 401(k) has been destroyed. If you're following along with what I'm doing, then mine was destroyed also.

I'll be tweaking the first few posts for a little while until I get up and running smoothly. Thanks for the read. Questions and comments are always welcome!